Thursday, July 25, 2013

Window Blocks - Window Clings

I loved finding this idea!!! I wish I could remember which blog I saw it on first! - Totally snagged this one and it's a KEEPER!

I found foam sheets in rectangles and circles at the dollar store. I picked up one pack of each totaling $2. 
I know an expensive activity ;) 

This is going to be my next busy bag contribution at our next exchange (not scheduled - but too easy to pass up!!!)

When foam is wet it sticks easily to windows and walls, like window clings. We have two little ones that LOVE their water table and playing in the kiddie pool. Dipping and splashing in water is always a plus. I set them up outside, let them dip and splash all they wanted and it didn't matter if they were getting the windows or themselves wet. 

We call this Window Blocks. 

Cut into various easy shapes. I did this during nap time one day in about 4 minutes. I didn't worry about making cuts perfect or look beautiful. Didn't think it matter very much.
Use a small container to dip the foam pieces in to get wet and make the stick to the window.

Have fun! Build towers, castles, houses, trees, etc....



Sort by shapes



Sort by colors


Just stick them on and build. It doesn't matter, have fun!

Practice giving your little ones words to add to their vocabulary. Talking with your kiddos and explaining what they are doing and with what they are working will always help your child grow.

Store them how you wish, zlip-loc, a sak, a plastic container. They dry VERY fast in the sun. I leave them out for a minute and then gather them up for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment