Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Sight Word Games

I love playing games with my kiddos but sometime I don't always want to purchase the latest thing or game. Since I am a teacher and could ALMOST live on the teacherspayteachers website, I figured that I could use it for my own little learners, too!

Why NOT?!?!?!

Laura Martin of teacherspayteachers does a great job creating some products for beginning readers. 

I found these great I Have, Who Has game cards that my little reader and I can play together. 
My younger one can play with us with me helping point to the card to use. 

               
I use my own laminator to make cards at home. I purchased my laminator at Target for about $30. This is similar, but there are many out there. The heat laminating pouches I normally find online from Walmart at the best value (about $15 for 100 pack). You can get the 3mm pouches, they work fine! I use the 5 mm in my classroom as they are thinker and hold up better with daily use. Therefore, these were made with 5 mm because that is want I have. 








Update**** my kiddos LOVE this game! They are 4 and 3 years of age and had a blast sorting them outside, making a tower of words!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kate! Thank you so much for sharing my game! My kiddos love it, and I admit, I do, too! I love the way your babies used the game to build a word tower! Kids come up with the best ideas! By the way, don't you love having a laminator at home??? Thanks, again for sharing! I hope y'all are having a wonderful summer!! Laura

    ReplyDelete